Friday 9 September 2011

Seventh Entry: Trapped in a Glass Case of Emotion

I wish walkers really did eat brains. If they did, there would only be the one. Think about it.

The dark figure that crashed through my window in a shower of glass shards didn't even try to eat my brains. It went for my face instead. I had only enough time to scream and raise my blanket before me in defense before he was on me and we toppled to the ground in a struggling heap. I'd somehow managed to get the blanket over the maniac's head, and I could see his face outlined against the taut fabric and hear the clack-clack-clack of snapping teeth.

With equal amounts adrenaline and fear I pushed him off me and scampered away on all fours. He was still tangled up in the blanket as I got to my feet. He was grunting and making these weird hissing sounds as he thrashed about on the floor. At this point I was pretty much scared out of my mind. When he suddenly reared to his feet and I saw that he was an it (that is to say, a terrifying parody of a human being with its ribs cracked open and face caked in blood), I sort of blacked out. When I came to, I was standing above the creature, repeatedly smashing its head in with a rather large bunny figurine.

I was covered in tiny nicks and cuts, probably from the glass shards covering the floor. When I came to my senses, I was filled with first horror (holy shit, I just killed this guy), then confusion (wait a second, that thing wasn't a guy) and then right back to horror (something just tried to eat my face).

1 comment:

  1. Wow this story is pretty neat so far! I love how you combine the past with the present and all the irony. It's great! I'm looking forward to reading the next update! :D

    ReplyDelete